Recipe of the Week - Thai Green Chicken Curry
To celebrate National Curry Week, this week's recipe is a healthy version of a takeaway favourite -Thai Green Chicken Curry.
Even if you're not following The 1:1 Diet this makes a tasty addition to any meal time. Why not give it a whirl and post your pictures to my Facebook post here and inspire others with your creation: https://www.facebook.com/heidithedietlady/
80g Thai fragrant rice (raw weight)
one-calorie spray oil
200g skinned chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
1tbsp green Thai curry paste
1 stick lemon grass, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
1 tsp nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
100ml reduced-fat coconut milk
60g mangetout, trimmed
60g fine green beans, trimmed
juice of ½ lime
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1 fresh red chilli, shredded
1. Cook the rice according to instructions on the packet.
2. While the rice is cooking, lightly spray a wok or deep frying pan with oil. Place over a medium heat and add the chicken. Stir-fry briskly for 2-3 minutes until sealed and golden.
3. Stir in the green curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the lemon grass, garlic and lime leaves and stir-fry for 1 minute.
4. Add the nam pla, coconut milk and vegetables. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are just tender but still crisp.
5. Stir in the lime juice and chopped coriander and serve with the boiled rice, garnished with shredded chilli.
Heidi - 07791002176
1:1 Diet Consultant
Silver level Consultant
Member since: 1st June 2020
Heidi id a 1:1 Diet Consultant in the Hastings area, helping people to lose weight and transform their lives. Whether you have 8lbs to lose or significantly more, she can help. Providing personalised one...
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.