Landlord insurance for the commercial property owner. Global Re Broking explains why it's a "must have".
16th October 2019
... Comments

If you are a commercial property owner - someone that owns premises that are used for business as opposed to residential purposes - you will no doubt be keen to protect the value of your asset, and in most cases you will look to commercial property insurance to maximise your protection.

The right commercial property insurance will not only provide that all important protection of your investment, both in terms of the building and its contents, but it will also cover you against any losses on your potential future earnings.

For example, think of the following examples where commercial property insurance may prove invaluable:

  • You arrive on site to find your grounds have become the latest location for local fly tippers.

  • A member of the public visiting your site fell over and is now pursuing legal action

  • There’s been a huge leak in the floors above your business premises over the weekend, causing damage to both the property and all your equipment

  • Your tenants have destroyed the premises through malicious damage before moving out, meaning a total refurbishment becomes necessary

This is by no means an exhaustive list but shows just some of the issues that could arise at a commercial property which could quickly begin to have both financial and emotional consequences for a landlord.

Who should you choose as your insurance broker?

Global Re Broking Solutions is a niche service provider that will ensure you have the cover you need for your commercial property. They are able to offer a comprehensive policy not only to cover landlords and commercial property owners but also freeholders and residents associations. 

What’s more, Global Re aim to go above and beyond when it comes to offering the type of comprehensive cover that landlords need. From features that cover a range of eventualities - from unoccupancy to insect nest removal, communal contents to Japanese knotweed - the team have devised the type of cover that gives landlords total peace of mind that their investment property is fully protected, whatever happens.

Global Re Broking has significant experience of working with landlords that own residential blocks. These purpose built residential blocks may simply comprise two flats or they could be the property of clients with £50m plus property portfolios comprising of 50/100 buildings and hundreds of units. Some of their clients are therefore letting agents for these sizeable properties.

The message is whatever the size of your commercial property, Global Re Broking has the insurance solution! Whether you own 1 buy to let, 10 business spaces or 100 buildings with multiple units, Global Re Broking can get you the cover you need.

Get in touch with the team today through the “contact us” page on their website or give them a call on 01424 858 193.

About the Author


Member since: 22nd March 2018

Cale is the Owner of 'thebestofHastings', the award winning franchise, providing integrated marketing solutions to SMEs, connecting to the Hastings community and promoting local events in 1066 Country....

Popular Categories