Want to treat your Mum this Mothering Sunday? Well, you don't have go far to spoil that special lady in your life. In this small pocket of Suffolk, there are lots of ways to say THANK YOU to your Mum.
1. There is absolutely no way your Mum should be cooking AT all on Mothering Sunday. And certainly not Lunch or Dinner. We are fortunate to have loads of great choices and great pubs and restaurants offering some delicious food
- India Sudbury, on North Street, is hosting a special Mothering Sunday Lunch, with complimentary pink fizz and a pink peach dessert for all mums. In the evening there will be live Jazz too. For more info, please click here
- The Fleece Hotel, is set at the heart of the lovely village of Boxford and has a special Mothering Sunday Menu. Meat is from A Leeder Butchers in the village and you can buy a pint of locally brewed beer from Little Earth Project based up the road in Edwardstone. Click here to find out more
- Have you been to The Crown in Hartest? It has a huge beer garden (perfect for little kids and big kids) and a sister brewery. Their menu is all sourced locally too. You can take a look at their new Spring menu and Sunday lunches by clicking here
- For dining by the river Stour, head to the Henny Swan and enjoy great food and views over river and Sudbury countryside. They have a special Mothering Sunday lunch menu, with free prosecco or Baileys for your Mum. Click here to have a look at their menu
2. A photo speaks a thousand words, so they say, so why not get the family together for a special photoshoot. Local based photographers Ranson & West have some great ideas to celebrate families and the different generation. And what better present for your Mum than to get the family all together and for the moment to be captured forever. Click here for more information
3. For all those exhausted Mothers out there, the perfect gift could be right here - a Tea Party Spa Day at Stoke by Nayland Peake Spa. Induldge in a day of pampering & relaxation, with a mini Afternoon Tea and choice of treatments. You can even by a gift voucher for Afternoon Tea, golf or hotel break. You can buy that here
4. Or how about gym membership? Peake Fitness at Stoke by Nayland Hotel have recently invested in £250,000 worth of state of the art Technogym equiptment, so why treat your mum to a gym membership and even a few Personal Training Sessions to help her get the most of her membership.
5. How about spending a morning with Carl Shillingford, foraging for wild garlic around Arger Fen, followed by a cookery demonstration back at Lavenham Village Hall? Its a fantastic morning and there's not much Carl and Matthew don't know about plant based food. Click here for more info and to book your ticket
6. Why not let us know why your mum is special, by entering our competition with Penneys Hair Salon. They're offering a lucky mum the chance to win a FREE intense hair repair treatment, cut and blow dry. Click here to enter
Have you found a gem of place in Sudbury and think I should know about it? Just get in touch..