You might think that choosing a bouquet of flowers from Occasion Flowers would be simple, as you’d probably think there’s only one type of bouquet to choose from. But you’d be wrong. In actual fact there are several different types of bouquet available, so here’s a rundown of the 8 most popular.
1) The Posy. Always a favourite with brides to be, it’s a smaller, circular bouquet tied together with ribbons.
2) The Composite. A composite is a combination of different buds and petals on one stem.
3) The Hand-Tied. The hand-tied bouquet is a very traditional and simple choice, because it’s a think bunch of flowers held together loosely.
4) The Pompander. The pompander is a popular choice for flower girls. It is a ball shape covered in flowers and is tied together with a ribbon.
5) The Round. The round bouquet is similar to a hand-tied one. The only difference is it’s more squashed together and held together by ribbon.
6) The Cascade. A cascade bouquet looks like a waterfall of flowers; the flowers are held in place by either a holder or are hand-tied and then fall down softly.
7) The Pageant. The pageant is similar to the cascade, the only change is it’s arranged and pulled tighter together.
8) The Nosegay. A nosegay is a compact group of flowers, arranged close together and all cut to the same length.
Remember Occasion Flowers are always here to advise you on different types of flowers and bouquets
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi I am Faz and am passionate about all things Bolton. I hope you enjoy reading my blogs and find them to be interesting and thought provoking. I would love you to add your personal comments to them. Dont...
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.