No Easter dinner is complete without a stuffed leg of lamb. But if you’ve no idea with where to start to cook this mouth-watering meal then follow this simple recipe. It should serve 4 people.
You will need 1.2 kg of boneless leg of lamb, a handful of large flat parsley leaves, 3 cloves of garlic, 70g of pancetta, salt and pepper, 150ml of wine, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 100ml of beef stock and 2 tablespoons of butter
1) Before you begin remove the string from the leg of lamb and open the joint with the skin side down. Then cut any of the thicker pieces of meat so that the joint is flat to the board.
2) Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 or 170 degrees Celsius.
3) Sprinkle garlic, pancetta and parsley neatly over the lamb, but sprinkle olive oil evenly over the lamb. Season is with pepper and salt, then roll the joint back up and tie firmly with kitchen string.
4) Put the lamb in a roasting tin and cook for 60 minutes if the joint is rare, and 75 minutes if it is medium. Then wrap the lamb in foil and leave it to stand for 10 minutes.
5) Whilst it is cooling, pour off any fat that has built up in the roasting tin and put it on the top of the stove on a medium heat.
6) Pour in some wine carefully so all the juices at the bottom are scraped up and go sticky. Add some stock cubes to the mixture, stir it well and then add half as much.
7) Strain through a sieve into a saucepan then add the butter and shake the pan with not too much force so all the butter is absorbed. Check the seasoning.
8) Finally slice the lamb and serve this tasty meal straight away onto some spring greens (or whichever accompaniment you choose) surrounding the sauce.
For the very best lamb to go with your meal, head on over to Frasers Butchers!
However, if you fancy something a little different, they even offer Turkey Butterflies and Ribs of Beef.
Not only that, Frasers Butchers are also catering for those without the need for whole legs of lamb, they have a fantastic range of mini roasts and oven ready meals.
You still have time to pick up your meat for Easter, Frasers Butchers are open the following hours
Wednesday 12th April – 8am-1pm
Thursday 13th April – 8am-5pm
Good Friday – 8am-12pm
Saturday 15th April – 8am-1pm
Easter Sunday – CLOSED
Bank Holiday Monday – CLOSED
If you would like any more information, give Frasers Butchers a call on 01204 523278
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi I am Faz and am passionate about all things Bolton. I hope you enjoy reading my blogs and find them to be interesting and thought provoking. I would love you to add your personal comments to them. Dont...
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.