SATs will soon be on their way and may seem like the scariest thing for your child right now, but don’t worry as Bolton Tuition Centre are here to help!
Sherrie from Bolton Tuition Centre has put together her five top tips to help you, as a parent survive SATs!
1) Reinforce: If you think your child needs extra support, book it now. We want to make sure your child is as prepared as possible so the longer we have to work with your child, the less pressure on them and you. We can reinforce the things they are learning at school and quickly identify any gaps.
2) Revision: Help your child with their revision, short bursts of 20 minutes or so revising key areas. You can use past exam papers to help.
3) Rest: Help your child get sufficient rest leading up to the tests, agreeing a particular bedtime and the hour before bedtime as a wind-down period with no revision.
4) Reassurance: Don’t forget to be really positive, remind your child of how well they’re doing and how proud you are of them, remember, it’s all about them doing their best and that’s all you can expect of them.
5) Reward: Reward your child throughout the whole process, rewards can be anything from praise, treats, time etc. Know how your child responds and have a reward up your sleeve ready for them.
Bolton Tuition Centre are running sessions throughout the Easter Holidays to help give your child that bit of extra support, these will be taking place on:
The classes will be:
These sessions are perfect to give your children a little boost, and that extra confidence.
Children do not need to be enrolled at Bolton Tuition Centre to take advantage of these classes, just give the centre a call and get booked in.
They have a great special offer for their SATs revision classes, you can view this here!
Give Bolton Tuition Centre a call on 01204 363550 to get your child booked in!
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi I am Gaynor Ramsden and am passionate about all things Bolton. I hope you enjoy reading my blogs and find them to be interesting and thought provoking. I would love you to add your personal comments...