Not only a full accountancy service, but also a business planning and development package. Wilds Chartered Accountants are there to help you grow your business and we asked Ken a few questions of what it’s like to be in business.
1. What first inspired you to run your own business?
Not being a Chartered Accountant I was honoured to be asked to join the board when we acquired Wilds back in 1999. The chance to help grow something with likeminded colleagues really appealed.
2. What do you enjoy about your particular business or industry?
That we can make a difference, and do, accountancy these days is about more than just the numbers. It’s about working with clients and helping them grow and achieve the business and lifestyle they want for their (employees and) family.
3. What is the ONE thing you want your business to stand out for?
Helping business owners achieve the goals and ambitions they have for themselves and their business.
4. Why is this important?
Without goals and the ambition to attain them a business will simply drift and leave the owner with a feeling of what could have been, and I hate to see potential wasted.
5. To date, what has been the most memorable moment running your business - for better, worse, funny, sad or just downright ridiculous?!
Easy – Wilds winning a national award by becoming “AVN Accountancy Firm of the Year”- awesome a great team effort and achievement.
6. What one piece of advice would you give to someone starting out in business?
It’s two sorry - Take as much advice as possible, and don’t let the peddlers of negativity get you down. You can do anything.
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi I am Gaynor Ramsden and am passionate about all things Bolton. I hope you enjoy reading my blogs and find them to be interesting and thought provoking. I would love you to add your personal comments...