High Speed Rail Business Summit
Not just a faster time to London but 40,000 jobs and £44bn of economic benefits!
Monday 25 July @ Park Inn Manchester Victoria
1.30pm - 4.00pm
Join Prof David Begg, (Campaign for High Speed Rail) as he chairs the event to discuss what the benefits of a new High Speed Rail network will mean for your business.
Keynote Speaker: The Right Hon Philip Hammond MP; Secretary of State for Transport
David Frost CBE; Director General of British Chambers of Commerce
Sir Richard Leese; Leader Manchester City Council
They will be joined by a number of leading business representatives from across the UK to discuss;
• The creation of 9,000 jobs on the route's construction
• Regeneration around stations, including further job creation and an improvement in property values
• Re- balancing of the north south divide as GVA per head of population improves alongside economic investment opportunities
• The shift back to rail from road and air, freeing up much needed capacity
• Faster journey t imes - Manchester to London 80mins, Manchester to Birmingham 50mins, Leeds to London 80 mins
This is one of the most important transport infrastructure decisions to be taken in this country. This event is for all businesses, from all sectors and from all parts of the country.
Consultation by the Government closes on 29th of July - to view the consultation, click here. Don't miss this final opportunity to be at the heart of the debate and take an active part in helping to get the right result.
Cost to attend: £18.00 incl VAT for Members and Non-members. Light refreshments will be provided.
To book online click here
To download a booking form click here
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi I am Faz and am passionate about all things Bolton. I hope you enjoy reading my blogs and find them to be interesting and thought provoking. I would love you to add your personal comments to them. Dont...