Could you become a support lodgings householder for Bolton Young Persons Housing Scheme?
30th October 2014
... Comments

Have you been affected by the spare room tax or want to earn some extra income? Or perhaps you want to develop your skills in support work? Then why not become a support lodgings householder for Bolton Young Persons Housing Scheme.

BYPHS are asking people to accommodate young people who are aged 16-25, are homeless and vulnerable and not ready to live on their own.

A support lodgings householder can be from any background, culture or gender. As long as you are patient, supportive and are willing to support a young person to help them develop their independence and are ready to live on their own. You will need to have a clear DBS check and pass an application and assessment process though.

Placements can vary in length from 3 months to 1 year. Ideally BYPHS are looking for 4 householders and these can be families, couples or single people. You’ll be paid a weekly allowance of £140 to any householder that accommodates a homeless client.  

The young people who have stayed with a householder have benefited a lot. They feel safe and have their own space to relax.

If you think you can help call BYPHS on 01204 520183. 

About the Author

Gaynor R

Member since: 10th July 2012

Hi I am Gaynor Ramsden and am passionate about all things Bolton. I hope you enjoy reading my blogs and find them to be interesting and thought provoking. I would love you to add your personal comments...

Popular Categories