dot 2 dot specialise in insurance cover for private day care nurseries. We asked Jackie the owner, what it’s like to run your own business and Jackie said…
1. What first inspired you to run your own business?
I left school after A levels and didn’t go to catering college. After hundreds of job applications managed to secure an Account Handlers job at Commercial Union. Stayed there for 7 years and when I went back to work after having my daughter Jenny the job just didn’t feel right. I found a new job working at Stanmore and from the interview knew it was the place for me. I’ve never looked back and 25 years later have been a 1/3rd owner of the business for 13 years.
2. What do you enjoy about your particular business or industry?
The opportunity to provide a truly focused customer service ensuring our clients understand their insurance needs. We deal with all types of business so you can never be bored.
3. What is the ONE thing you want your business to stand out for?
The product and service
4. Why is this important?
If clients understand and value what they are buying then shouldn’t have an issue with a claim but more importantly we will have done our job properly.
5. To date, what has been the most memorable moment running your business - for better, worse, funny, sad or just downright ridiculous?!
The day I took ownership of Stanmore was a really proud moment.
6. What one piece of advice would you give to someone starting out in business?
Make sure you have quality people around you and don’t be too proud to ask advice as there are some fabulous people out there.
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi I am Faz and am passionate about all things Bolton. I hope you enjoy reading my blogs and find them to be interesting and thought provoking. I would love you to add your personal comments to them. Dont...