1. It stimulates the local economy. If you shop in local shops, it helps to keep the money that you spend within the local area, rather than other towns or cities.
2. It helps local people keep their jobs. Most people who work in local businesses live locally. By buying from these places, you help your neighbours keep their jobs and that benefits your whole community.
3. Local businesses give back locally. Often our local businesses support our schools by donating gifts and goods to raise money to buy equipment and games that we would not otherwise be able to afford. By supporting these businesses, we can help ensure that they can support the community.
A great selection of local business's can be found Here
4. It's good for the environment. Less car emissions occur when you are doing your shopping a short distance away (you could even walk or ride your bike). If enough people buy locally, the local shopkeepers can get a good idea of what people in our area want and buy regularly and they can also source their goods locally. If you're buying locally grown food, its really good for the environment because you're helping the small farmers keep their farms operational instead of shutting down and selling to developers.
5. It promotes a sense of community. If you want to get to know people in your community, supporting your local businesses is a great way to do that as you can have a chat on the way to or in your local shops with all your friends and neighbours which makes you feel really good! So what are you waiting for Taunton has a great selection of independent traders all looking to serve the local community.
Taunton not only has great local business's but there are also plenty of things to for all the family to enjoy as you can see Here
If you are a local business looking to raise your profile Click Here to see how thebestof can help you