Want to treat your Mum this Mothering Sunday? Well, you don't have go far to spoil that special lady in your life. In this small pocket of Suffolk, there are lots of ways to say THANK YOU to your Mum.
1. There is absolutely no way your Mum should be cooking AT all on Mothering Sunday. And certainly not Lunch or Dinner. We are fortunate to have loads of great choices and great pubs and restaurants offering some delicious food
The Fleece Hotel, is set at the heart of the lovely village of Boxford and has a special Mothering Sunday Menu. Meat is from A Leeder Butchers in the village and you can buy a pint of locally brewed beer from Little Earth Project based up the road in Edwardstone. Click here to download their Mother's Day men
Have you been to The Crown in Hartest? It has a huge beer garden (perfect for little kids and big kids) and a sister brewery. Their menu is all sourced locally too. You can take a look at their menu and Sunday lunches by clicking here
You can't beat The Gainsborough in the centre of Sudbury for a good roast. You can take a look at their menu here
The Secret Garden offers a haven of peaceful tranquillity and has created this wonderful menu for Mother's Day. It's a rush-free dining experience. Booking is recommended.
3. For all those exhausted Mothers out there, the perfect gift could be right here - Me & Mum Spa Day at Stoke by Nayland Peake Spa. Induldge in a day of pampering & relaxation, with a welcoming glass of prosecco. There are also some delightful hotel breaks to treat your Mum. Click here to take a look
4. Or how about gym membership? Peake Fitness at Stoke by Nayland Hotel have recently invested in £250,000 worth of state of the art Technogym equiptment, so why treat your mum to a gym membership and even a few Personal Training Sessions to help her get the most of her membership.
5. How about spending a morning with Carl Shillingford, foraging for wild garlic around Arger Fen, followed by a cookery demonstration back at Lavenham Village Hall? Its a fantastic morning and there's not much Carl and Matthew don't know about plant based food. Click here for more info and to book your ticket
6. Florabelle's Vintage Tea Room in Sudbury has some mouth-watering cakes and cream teas. Get in contact to check availability, You only have to read some of their customer feedback to know that your mum will be in for a treat
7. Health Foods For You, also on North Street can put together hampers and ther healthy treats. Speak with owner Jane, who's very knowledgeable on the variety of products they have on offer
8. The Beauty Gallery in Lavenham have some wonderful skin treatments, with Dermologica products, also for sale. Perfect for a bit off Mum pampering. Vouchers are also available.
9. If you're looking for an usual gift for your Mum, have a chat with Mandy from Mandy's Jewellery & Gifts on Station Road in Sudbury. There's a FANTASTIC range of unique presents. Or why not book you and your mum on one of Mandy's Jewellery making courses. Click here to read more
Have you found a gem of place in Sudbury and think I should know about it? Just get in touch..