Hertford and Ware and it's surrounding area has loads of things to do from nice meals out, to gorgeous walks in our stunning countryside. Here’s our pick of the top 5 things to do for Mothers Day in and around Hertford.
1. Afternoon tea at Hanbury Manor – Situated in gorgeous surroundings and beautiful countryside, this old manor house is home to the 5 star Hanbury Manor who have a beautiful wood panelled room perfect for afternoon tea, and the weather is mild the garden terrace overlooks the beautiful parkland golf course.
2. Van Hagues - One of Hertfordshire’s finest garden centres. Perfect for green fingered mums who want to add a touch of class to their garden. Van Hagues is much more than a garden centre though, covering a huge area with loads of parking Van Hagues can be a great day out for all. Children can enjoy the zoo and miniature steam railway and parents and grandparents can relax and savour the amazing tea and cakes on sale in the light and airy restaurant.
3. Lee Valley Park – Long walks along the towpath in either direction are refreshing and full of beauty. Wildlife is in its abundance along the river and the flat easy terrain make the towpath perfect for bike rides.
4. Paradise Wildlife Park – Perfect for animal loving Mums who want nothing more than to enjoy seeing their children being wowed by the animals kept at the park. If the weather is good then this is something that can keep the whole family entertained all day.
5. Sunday dinner at home – Ok, so it's not outdoors but nothing says I love you Mum more than letting her put her feet up to watch an afternoon film whilst you treat her to a fab Sunday lunch! There’s local butchers galore who stock the finest quality British meat, in fact in Hertford and Ware alone there are 3 butchers, not forgetting the farmers market on the 11th March in Hertford. Stock up on meat and veg and cook up a storm!
The main thing though, is to enjoy each others company. Spend the day together, laugh and share memories, Happy Mothers Day!
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi there, my name's Victoria and as owner of thebestof Hertford and Ware it's my job to find and promote the best information, events and businesses that Hertford and Ware have to offer!