Welcome to the Hertford blog
What’s on, things to do, events, where to go. It doesn’t matter what you call it we all need some excitement in our lives and we all need to get out more!
So now the clocks have gone back and it’s suddenly grown considerably colder it’s really easy to shut the door, draw the curtains, light the fire and hibernate for the winter. But don’t! This really is the best time of year to get out there and enjoy Hertford and all it has to offer!
Whatever you taste is there’s plenty to see and do in Hertford this autumn and Winter, and here’s a few things that may interest you:
• Every Friday evening brilliant ‘bestof’ business 5 Elements Global run a relax and restore class at the Aware Yoga Studio. This is a great opportunity to recharge the batteries after a tough week at work or with the kids, and with the inevitable rush for Christmas fast approaching, an hour to chill out at the end of the week is a great thing to treat yourself to.
• Every Saturday morning from 9am banish the winter blues, keep the immune system healthy and keep the waistline trim with eKuiLibriuM’s fantastic five pound fitness boot camp. Join around a dozen friendly likeminded people and enjoy an hour of boot camp based fitness exercises headed up by Kimberley Mangleshot at foxholes farm in Hertford.
• Firework displays and bonfire nights! A favourite of everybody’s! There’s a few firework displays on this year in Hertford and most notable are The Sele School’s firework display and Bengeo School’s firework display. Both are great bonfire nights in Hertford and well worth attending if you haven’t got a firework party to go to already.
• Aladdin at The Hertford Theatre. Starting from the 9th December and running until the 1st January, The Hertford Theatre host this family favourite pantomime. Tickets are available from the Hertford Theatre box office by calling 01992 531500.
• Counterfeit Stones at The Hertford Theatre. Rolling Stones fan? Even if you’re not then you need to get down to this at The Hertford Theatre on Friday 18th November.
• 2nd Saturday of each month, sees the Hertford Farmer’s Market come to town. It’s a great chance to lay your hands on some fresh and seasonal local produce from the best suppliers in the area.
• Every Sunday The Hertfordshire Golf and Country Club have an incredible offering of beautiful food designed to surprise your taste buds and fill you up for the day for an absolute bargain!
As always we’ve got loads of events right here on thebestof Hertford. So keep checking back and of course you can add your own events!
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi there, my name's Victoria and as owner of thebestof Hertford and Ware it's my job to find and promote the best information, events and businesses that Hertford and Ware have to offer!