Welcome to the Hertford blog!
It’s nearly time for the loudest time of the year as fireworks night fast approaches! There’s usually lots of great fireworks displays in and around Hertford each year and thankfully 2012 is no different!
So here’s a list of the best fireworks displays in Hertford and the surrounding area this Guy Fawkes night.
• The Sele School Fireworks Frenzy, Hertford – 3rd November, gates open 5.30pm with a bonfire and the fireworks starting at 7pm. Tickets are available from the Hertford Tourist Office 01992 584322 and cost £4 for adults and £2 for children. This is usually a great bonfire night and the fireworks are always excellent!
• Morgans School Fireworks Display, Hertford – 9th November, gates open 6.30pm and the fireworks start at 7.30pm. Tickets are £5 up until 8th November and then £6 afterwards, family tickets (2+2) are £17. Again tickets are available from the Hertford Tourist Office 01992 584322. I’ve heard the fireworks at this Hertford display are going to be fantastic, and because it’s held a little later than most other firework displays in Hertford it won’t clash with anything else!
• The Best Of British Fireworks Display, Cheshunt – 4th November, gates open 4.30pm and the fireworks start at 6.45pm. This is a BIG fireworks display with a British theme and plenty to see and do including a funfair. Although not in Hertford this fireworks display is not to be missed.
• The 41st Annual Fireworks Display, Ware – 10th November, gates open 5.30pm and the fireworks should start at around 7pm. This regular fireworks display is run by the superb Ware Rotary Club, and is a firm favourite across Hertford and Ware and the surrounding area. Thousands of local people always attend the fireworks display held on High Oak Road recreation ground, please click here for more information on how to buy tickets.
• Hatfield House Annual Fireworks Display, Hatfield – 3rd November, After missing last year because of a certain 400 year anniversary, Hatfield House are bringing back their excellent and well organised firework display.
• The Farmers Boy Bonfire Night, Brickendon – 5th November, a true fireworks party! The beautiful Farmers Boy pub in Brickendon, just outside of Hertford is holding its biggest fireworks and bonfire party ever! The night starts at 7pm and goes on until 10pm.
Remember, a lot of these firework displays are in aid of charity or organised by worthy local organisations and they rely on people through the door. So it might be tempting to watch the stunning fireworks displays from afar, but there’s nothing more satisfying than standing next to a warming bonfire with other local people watching the fireworks and enjoying the atmosphere.
Finally, it’s important to keep pets safe on Guy Fawkes night too. Chestnut Vets are on hand for any advice you may need to keep your pet calm and safe this bonfire night.
Thanks for reading, and enjoy the fireworks!
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi there, my name's Victoria and as owner of thebestof Hertford and Ware it's my job to find and promote the best information, events and businesses that Hertford and Ware have to offer!