When was the last time you visited Hertford Museum? If you have little ones it’s a must, they’ll learn loads and there’s always activities happening including my sons favourite; the shop!
I was in there yesterday and picked up a great little leaflet that highlighted the 10 best things to see when visiting The Hertford Museum….
1. A preserved worm which was killed by a Zeppelin crash in 1916.
2. The key to the borough.
3. A sword from the Bronze Ages
4. Carved wooden pilasters from the 1600’s that onceadorned The Coffee House Inn.
5. A tusk from an Arctic Whale which is 6ft long!
6. Hertfordshire Puddingstone.
7. An 1800’s amputation kit, which is as gruesome as it sounds!
8. A model which replicates what Hertford Castle would have looked like in 1550.
9. An interesting selection of toothbrushes from the largest museum collection in the UK.
10. Corporal Burt’s personal items. In 1915 he was awarded the VC.
A personal favourite for me is the old photos of sports teams from Hertford, and the information about how we shopped in Hertford in the past.
Hertford Museum is a great resource, it’s well run and the staff are fantastic. So if you’re having a wonder around town and fancy half an hour learning about your past just pop in, it’s FREE!
Thanks for reading!
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi there, my name's Victoria and as owner of thebestof Hertford and Ware it's my job to find and promote the best information, events and businesses that Hertford and Ware have to offer!
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.