When was the last time you visited Hertford Museum? If you have little ones it’s a must, they’ll learn loads and there’s always activities happening including my sons favourite; the shop!
I was in there yesterday and picked up a great little leaflet that highlighted the 10 best things to see when visiting The Hertford Museum….
1. A preserved worm which was killed by a Zeppelin crash in 1916.
2. The key to the borough.
3. A sword from the Bronze Ages
4. Carved wooden pilasters from the 1600’s that onceadorned The Coffee House Inn.
5. A tusk from an Arctic Whale which is 6ft long!
6. Hertfordshire Puddingstone.
7. An 1800’s amputation kit, which is as gruesome as it sounds!
8. A model which replicates what Hertford Castle would have looked like in 1550.
9. An interesting selection of toothbrushes from the largest museum collection in the UK.
10. Corporal Burt’s personal items. In 1915 he was awarded the VC.
A personal favourite for me is the old photos of sports teams from Hertford, and the information about how we shopped in Hertford in the past.
Hertford Museum is a great resource, it’s well run and the staff are fantastic. So if you’re having a wonder around town and fancy half an hour learning about your past just pop in, it’s FREE!
Thanks for reading!
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi there, my name's Victoria and as owner of thebestof Hertford and Ware it's my job to find and promote the best information, events and businesses that Hertford and Ware have to offer!