A candle lit dinner for two, a stroll along the beach at sunset, champagne and flowers, blah, blah, blah. Valentine's day, even in Brighton and Hove, is the same old same old. Here are some different and unusual ideas for couples (and singles) this Valentine's day.
1. Speed Dating - No date for Valentine's? No problem. Why sit at home feeling sorry for yourself when you could go speed dating and have some fun? There's an event at All Bar One on the day itself. Click here for more information.
2. lol Comedy Club - Don't have one of those Valentine's dates where you sit looking at each other not knowing what to say. Go to this comedy night at the Crown and Anchor in Shoreham instead.
3. Pub Quiz - For other pub based activities (because who doesn't love those?), why not test your knowledge with a fun and quirky quiz night like the one at the Brighton Bier Dispensary every Wednesday including this Valentine's Day?
4. Drag Queen Flight on i360 - Yeah, going on the i360 is a fairly normal Valentine's Day thing to do but you can make it a bit different by going on this special flight with renowned drag queen.
5. Get Hot and Sweaty - You were planning to, right? But you might not have intended to do it by taking part in a hot yoga class. Hot Yoga South Brighton offers a range of hot yoga classes on Valentine's Day so you and your love can get sweaty together while improving your health. What's not to love?6. Dance the Night Away - Forget Strictly Come Dancing and get down to The Mesmerist in the Lanes where local legends The Swing Ninjas play a set every Wednesday while people lindy hop the night away. Alternatively, you can twerk the night away at the Marina Studios, on Brighton Marina, where they run a TwerkFit class on a Wednesday night.
7. Go Full Ghost - Ooooo, my love, my darling... You know how it goes. Why not do the whole Ghost thing this Valentine's Day but taking a pottery class together at Art Shop and Pottery in Hove.
For more ideas of things to do in Brighton, keep your eye on our What's On page.
Member since: 10th July 2012
Team at thebestof Brighton & Hove. Working hard to find out and showcase the best that the city has to offer... Events, Businesses and Organisations.