Sara’s story about the business
4th August 2014
... Comments

I came here with an Italian organization that it’s collaborating with Ttpl, an English organization, located in Torquay  that has partnership all over the world. I study journalism, and when I have university lessons I live in Milan, the biggest city in the North of Italy. Now, in Exeter I ‘m living with a very nice and friendly family! I started my work on Tuesday 22nd July, in “thebestof Exeter”, the local business guide that helps the local activities to increase their business.

As a good journalist I interviewed all the members of this company that could satisfy the curiosity of their clients. Let’s start!

 

Name of the business: “thebestofexeter”

What they do? Their mission is to assist the local business and to promote it through a variety of marketing streams. Their web site page is very simple and easy to use.  They offer a lot of things to do in Exeter and in Devon, supporting the local activities. If you are looking for a special offer or an amusing day out, you could find a wide choice on their web site (http://www.thebestof.co.uk/local/exeter). I’m sure that most of your dreams will be satisfied.

Who owns the business? The managing director is Dave Barr.

How long they have been trading?  They have been training in Exeter from 2007 and their based is in 63 Basepoint Business Centre, Yeoford Way, Marsh Barton, EX2 8LB .

How many staff have they got? Their staffs are composed by 6 expert people:

 Mike Pattle:  marketing consultant (mike.pattle@thebestof.co.uk)

David Hastings: marketing consultant (david.hastings@thebestof.co.uk)

Collin Slade: Client relationship manager (exeter.news@thebestof.co.uk)

Yana Browning: office administrator ( exeter.office@thebestof.co.uk)

Peter Barr: business analyst (exeter.admin@thebestof.co.uk)

Dave Barr: managing director (davebarr@thebestof.co.uk)

What does the owner do in their spare time? Dave is a very friendly man, and also a good worker. From Monday to Friday he is very busy. The weekend is the only moment in which he can do what he likes. First of all he loves to play with his two small children, relaxes himself walking with his black Labrador and does gardening (he takes care of his high plants!). Sometimes he makes with his family the BBQ in their house’s garden. His great passion is called “Rugby Union” and he supports it with all of his voice. If he had time enough he would read books, do sport, and travel.

If he won the lottery what would he do? David would donate 30% of their win to charity. The other 70% would be used to pay a holiday for all of his employers and to increase their business. Dave’s dream is to create “thebestof” in other cities in Devon. It is a good starting point to get bigger.

 

Thank you Dave and his team!

More
About the Author

Dave B

Member since: 10th July 2012

Hi, I am Dave, I run thebestof Exeter along with my colleagues. If you want to promote your business or event, get in touch with us on 01392 349 130.

Popular Categories