Another cold start today in Eastbourne, therefore before you start your journey to work, please follow the guidelines below;
- Get up at least 10 minutes early to give you time to prepare the car.
- Don't drive off like a tank-commander, with a tiny hole cleared in the windscreen. Clear all windows using a scraper and de-icer.
- Use a cigarette lighter to warm a key for a frozen lock. Don't breathe on the lock, as the moisture will condense and freeze.
- Plan routes to favour major roads which are more likely to have been cleared and gritted.
- Put safety before punctuality when the bad weather closes in. Allow extra time for winter journeys but be prepared for the inevitability of being late for work due to unexpected delay.
4th May 2011
Updates from Eastbourne Neighbourhood Policing Team site. For non-emergency dial 101 and always dial 999 in an emergency.