What type of wood flooring do I need?
There are a couple of main types of wood – solid and engineered and then there are laminates which are wood effect.
Here are a few pointers that might help you choose:
· the more graining the less marks will show
· expansion gaps are always needed around the edge of between 10-15 mm, they can be covered with a beading but if you don’t want this consider wood effect vinyl tiles
· consider the amount of wear it will get - woods do scratch. Are you prepared to restore it? Laminates don’t require this.
· think of a wood floor like your furniture, they can scratch. Would you walk across your dining room table in shoes? A matwell can help reduce this.
· depth – most woods are 1.5 cm – 2 cm deep, laminates usually 8-9mm. How will your thresholds look & will doors go over it
· when buying a wood you may need more than you think, if you get a knot in the wrong place etc you will need to cut or move a plank, 5% wastage is normal. Laminate has a photographic image of the wood so it does not have this weakness
If you need any help or advice, please just ask! You can call us at the shop on 01462 759762 or visit us! Charles Wilson Carpets
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.