Paul Coles, Regional Programmes, BT, has provided the following update on broadband in the North Devon and Torridge area. The key updates are as follows:
- Bideford and Barnstaple exchanges are now live
- with most cabinets having been erected and made available for service
- Decision made to go live early rather than wait for all cabinets in the planned commercial rollout to be done so that people could start reaping the benefits
- We are seeing orders already and I am keen to capture the names of any businesses that order service early to see what we can do to promote them
- There are a handful of cabinets not yet erected and we are having very proactive discussions with the Council on getting the locations right for all concerned
- Both Jenny Wallace (Head of Paid Service) and Kate Little (Head of Planning) have been very focussed on making this a successful rollout
- In the background Connecting Devon and Somerset are working through their plans and we expect to see early intervention from them in some of the more challenging places in Torridge as part of the initial deliverables from that whole programme.
If you have any experiences directly relating to this broadband upgrade, that is affecting your business for the good or bad, Paul is available to answer your questions and queries via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively if you recieve slow or unreliable broadband because of your rural location.......and these high speed roll outs are just a pipe dream, you may want to consider a satellite service thats is offered by the FSB. Click here to read more about the service they
Member since: 10th July 2012
I'm Sarah and I live just outside Barnstaple near Umberleigh.
I love sport especially rugby, cricket and golf and want to hear your thoughts on the site and add events and blogs on subjects that interest...