Barnstaple and North Devon are one of the best places to live and the best places to visit in our humble opinion. With indoor and outdoor activities galore, we here at Thebestof Barnstaple have compiled a list of our personal 15 favourite places to visit or to see whilst you are in the area.
Here are our 15 experiences (in no particular order) to try for yourselves:
1. Cycle or walk part of The Tarka Trail
2. Visit Tarr Steps on Exmoor National Park
3. Visit Marwood Hill Gardens
4. Have lunch/dinner in Barnstaple - try Lilicos Tapas Lounge & Bar!
5. Take a trip on the Instow to Appledore ferry
6. Visit the Pannier Markets at Barnstaple, South Molton or Ilfracombe
7. Visit the beaches at Westward Ho!, Woolacombe or Ilfracombe
8. Go to Watermouth Castle
9. Take a trip to RHS Garden Rosemoor
10. Surf at Croyde Bay
11. Visit The Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon in Barnstaple
12. Go to Castle Hill Gardens
13. Walk Baggy Point
14. Visit Clovelly
15. Take a ride on the Cliff Railway at Lynton and Lynmouth
If you have any other ideas we would love to hear from you and if you get around to visiting or trying any of our list, please get in touch at email@example.com and tell us what you think!
Wishing you all a Happy and Safe Easter!
Member since: 10th July 2012
I'm Sarah and I live just outside Barnstaple near Umberleigh.
I love sport especially rugby, cricket and golf and want to hear your thoughts on the site and add events and blogs on subjects that interest...