A national campaign to find Britain’s ‘most loved’ local businesses has discovered that Andrew Dudleston, Professional Tree Surgeon of Shrewsbury has been voted the most tree surgeon in the town and the whole of the UK.
Thousands of local people from all over the country put forward their nominations for their favourite local company as part of a national campaign run by local business champions thebestof Shrewsbury.
The recent 14 Days of Love campaign, aimed to raise awareness about the continuous plight faced by local independent businesses and prove that local communities can make a difference to a town’s economy and pride. More than 70,000 people voted across the country last month for their favourite businesses.
Director of thebestof Shrewsbury, Andy Rao, said: “Support for independent businesses is essential for the British high street. The sad ending for high-profile retailers recently, Jessops and Blockbuster and HMV – has inevitably prompted talk of the demise of the British high street. More than 10,300 jobs and almost 1,000 stores are at risk from the three businesses falling into administration.
“According to the British Retail Consortium, around 15per cent of retail sales came from the internet in December and the rise of tablet computers and smartphones is likely to drive further growth.
"It is essential therefore that we really champion our local independent businesses to encourage them to thrive during these times. I am delighted that so many of our local businesses were voted most loved in this national competition.”
Amongst the most loved businesses in Shrewsbury are:
• Andrew Dudleston Professional Tree Surgeon was voted the most loved tree surgeon in the whole of the UK
• Captain Oven Clean run by Chris Brearley was voted the most loved business in Shrewsbury.
• ChipsAway Shrewsbury was voted the 2nd most loved business in Shrewsbury Owner Stuart Williams was also the only business owner to have two businesses in the Top 10 (for his vehicle re-mapping company Black Code).
• In Good Hands Massage with Tessa Kirk– which was the second most loved massage business in the UK for the second year running.
• Mears Home Services was voted the second most loved business in the category handymen in the UK. Andy added: “Small businesses are the engine room of our economy and lots of local business owners – and their loyal staff – are feeling great because their efforts have been recognised and appreciated by so many of their customers.”
Andrew Dudleston, said: “I have been working with the best of Shrewsbury for nearly a year now and I am delighted with the positive feedback they have helped me to get during this time. But I had no idea that I was just so, well, loved!
“It is great to see people coming out to support local businesses and services in the town. Thank you to all my customers who voted for me in the 14 Days of Love campaign. I’m really honoured to be named the most loved tree surgeon in the UK.”
Member since: 10th July 2012
That's our team, L-R Emma, Louise and Andy. We run thebestof and our sister marketing company, Key 3 Media. With over 40 years' combined marketing experience, we help promote local businesses through our...