Your name? Nicola Prebble
Your business name? The White Wardrobe
How long have you been in business? 8 years
1. What do you love most about your job? The satisfaction you get when you can help so many people on let’s face it 1 of the most important days! I like to think I make people feel comfortable no matter what age size or gender they are..
2. Your claim to fame? I recently sold a dress to the stunning Gina Beck who stars as Glinda in Wicked the musical
3. Most frightening film and why? Incidious, It was the 1st film to make me feel scared at the cinema.
4. What sort of training did you have before going into business? I have done everything, from floristry to area management but I most enjoyed working for Robert de Keyser at the Christian Lacroix store as a personal shopper, that’s what got me started all those years ago.. I love fashion, but I also love quality and great cuts and as we all know, you do not always find that on the high St, so I knew I would always work with Designer or higher end products which is why I stopped being an area manager and started my bridal journey.
5. What would I find in your refrigerator right now? Hmmm some chicken sweet potato butternut squash left over from the weekend mozzarella & pasta, cheese, orange juice and a fair few bottles of becks and cider left over from the launch party..
6. What advice would you give someone who wants to set up their own business? You have to do it when the time is right for you, do not go into it thinking that it is going to be easy, it isn’t even if you are the best at what you do, competition is healthy, stay focused and always try to improve, get as much feedback and criticism as you can, it’s the only way to make things better. Never take things too personally (hard in this trade) but you have to try. You get out what you put in..
7. The one local business you couldn’t possibly live without? Can I have 2.. Irene Isaac my Seamstress and my friend, she is amazing and I could not do this without her! But also Charlton at Taste Buds in Bancroft, If you have not been there to refuel at lunchtime, Do, the food is delicious and the team are so friendly!!
8. Who is the most interesting person you have met? My Dad, he lived an amazing life and had so many stories to tell.
9. What’s your favourite spot in Hitchin and why? St Marys church, I am so proud of the view especially in the evening with the lights and fountain on its simply stunning.
10. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you? Cameron Diaz, she is just as wacky as I am..
11. What is the last book you read? Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson
12. What is the best thing that someone has said about The White Wardrobe? That we are better than any other bridal store they have visited, more honest and sincere.
13. Hindsight is a wonderful thing – what one thing would you do differently? I wish I had done it sooner..
14. If you could be a super hero, what would you want your superpowers to be? I'd love to be invisible, that could be a lot of fun..
15. How would you describe The White Wardrobe in three words? Fun Quirky, Fantastic!
16. What were you hoping we’d ask you, but didn’t? Who id most like to marry (except Remy)
17. How have things changed for your business over the past 10 years? You can no longer hard sell, anyone who does will fail! You need to adapt to every customer in different ways, everyone is important remember that, and if you can not help, send them to someone who can It looks much better for you.
18. What is the greatest challenge in running a business? Being the best you can at what you do and at the same time earning enough money to improve and stay in business.
19. What are your plans for the business? I want The White Wardrobe to be talked about by brides to be for all of the right reasons; I want us to be one of the best in the area. And to work with local business and help each other by networking , and one day who knows we could even expand to bigger premises.
20. How do you rate theBestof Hitchin?! I honestly do not know what I would have done without the support of Keith and Louise over the years, I was one of the first few that signed up and I am so glad I did.. I love being able to collect testimonials but that is a small part of what they offer, if anyone is considering joining..Do..
If you've not been into The White Wardrobe which is situation along on Bancroft, then do. They have an amazing 264 Reviews which you can see on their feature here