from Dan Heelas from Heelas Heating and Renewables:
1. Get your boiler serviced and your heating system inspected for energy efficiency.
2. Get a high efficiency condensing gas or oil boiler fitted and make savings of up to 30% on your fuel bills.
3. Upgrade to a modern control system with intelligent weather compensating thermostats/programmers.
4. Run your heating system at no more than 19 °C and put on a jumper if you're not quite warm enough.
5. Fit thermostatic radiator valves for greater control of temperatures on a room by room basis.
6. During very cold periods set your heating controls to constant and run a slightly lower temperature of 18/19° C to maintain a more consistent environment.
7. Lag exposed pipework in unheated areas and airing cupboards.
8. Replace your old hot water cylinder (which is probably heavily scaled, unless you have a water softener) with a modern highly insulated, high heat recovery model.
9. Draught proof leaky doors, windows and floorboards.
10. Get your loft insulated and/or get cavity wall insulation.
Member since: 10th July 2012
I love Abingdon and am passionate about promoting the businesses and events that are centred there. I want everyone to realise how great they are and how we should all be using them!