1. The following roads will be closed to vehicles throughout the entirety of the Fair: High Street Market Place Ock Street Stratton Way – from its junction with Bath Street to Ock Street The Square West St Helen Street – from its junction with High Street to Lombard Street
2. For Health and Safety reasons, particularly with regard to the volume of pedestrians and especially very young children, Ock Street will only be open to vehicles between 00.00hrs midnight and 12.00hrs noon daily and the access and exit point to the area will be via Conduit Road.Police, Fire and Ambulance vehicles will have access to all areas at all times .
3. Temporary one-way traffic will be imposed in Lombard Street, the permitted direction being west to east.
4. The usual one-way traffic flow across St Helen’s Wharf will be temporarily reversed to operate from east to west, except for cycles, which will be permitted to pass in either direction.
5. A temporary ‘No Waiting at Any Time’ restriction will be imposed on the following lengths of road: Bostock Road – both sides, from its junction with Mullard Way to its junction with Victoria Road; Edward Street – north side, from its junction with Victoria Road to its junction with Spring Road; Mullard Way – both sides, for its entire length; Victoria Road – west side, from a point 40 metres north of its junction with Ock Street to its junction with Exbourne Road; Spring Road – west side, from a point 40 metres north of its junction with A415 Marcham Road to its junction with Faringdon Road.
In accordance with established practice, no through traffic is permitted.
Residents parking their vehicles away from their property need to check that their insurance covers this eventuality.
Residents will be able to use the Vale of White Horse District Council car parks free of charge from 16.00hrs to 08.30hrs daily during the Fair providing a ticket is displayed to cover the free two hour period which is the normal practice for parking in Council car parks in Abingdon.
Member since: 10th July 2012
I love Abingdon and am passionate about promoting the businesses and events that are centred there. I want everyone to realise how great they are and how we should all be using them!