We all like to make lists and Christmas time is no exception There are so many things to remember so write plenty of lists and plan a stress free Christmas, so you can enjoy the festive season with your loved ones knowing nothing has been forgotten.
So here's a few ideas in no particular order of lists to make and things to remember to get you ready for Christmas ....
1. Christmas gift list. Write down family and friends and possible ideas for presents. Cross them off as they are purchased.
2. Christmas card list. Friends, family and maybe neighbours who to send cards to. Check if you have any cards left from last year and buy more if needed.
3. Write Christmas Cards. Don't forget to check when last postage for any family or friend living overseas.
4. Decorate inside your house early December and add more as it gets closer. An activity all the family like to be involved in.
5. Decorate your house with lights inside and outside. Put up lots of lights and decorations in the living room as this is where most people usually congregate. Don't neglect the dining room. Use Christmas themed candle holders and wreath decorations.
6. Make list of and purchase perishable foods and leave time to defrost the turkey.
7. Put up Christmas tree. Some families leave this until Christmas Eve some do it before it all depends on your own family tradition.
8. Decorate the tree and put the special star on the top. Another great activity for all the family.
9. Make Christmas based goodies, the Christmas cake, stollen, mince pies, Christmas pudding and other delights. If your not making your own Christmas cake, my fruit cakes always sink or burn! and don't want a shop bought one contact Angela jones at AJ's Classic Cakes
10. Purchase Advent calender use from December 1st.
11. Go caroling. Either stay local in your own street or go to organised event. Click "Carols On The Green" for a venue in Solihull.
12. Invite friends for pre Christmas holiday meal or have a party!
13. Leave a plate of goodies for Rudolf and Santa on Christmas Eve.
Can't have 13.....
14. Top up the sprouts again!! And have that well earned drink.
Member since: 27th May 2014
Hi! I'm Ann and with my husband John, said 'Farewell' to bestof on 31st July 2017 and are returning to the horticultural trade. Thank you to everyone past and present for reading my blogs.