BEER TASTING TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE (BUT GOING FAST!)
If you'd like to join our PRE-CHRISTMAS BEER TASTING on FRIDAY 13 NOVEMBER at THE ANGEL HOTEL (6pm-8pm), please DON'T DELAY.
Just 21 tickets left.
- GOSSET GRANDE RESERVE CHAMPAGNE AWARDED 'GOLDEN GRAPE'!
Celebrating its 425th anniversary, GOSSET CHAMPAGNE HOUSE has been lauded by the 'Guide Hachette' - THE guide to French wines. This delicous Grande Reserve Champagne (£44.99) has been given the highest accolade, 'GRAPPE D’OR' (golden grape – best wine of the year). 2000 Champagnes tasted and this came out top! Great for a very special gift (or to keep to yourself!).
- BIANCHI SPARKLES AT 'EFFERVESCENTS DU MONDE'!
We've just heard our BIANCHI SPARKLING WINE (£11.99) has been awarded a GOLD MEDAL at 'EFFERVESCENTS DU MONDE' - an annual competition seeking out the best sparkling wines in the world. FIZZ-TASTIC!
***THIS SATURDAY'S TASTING***
SATURDAY 17 OCTOBER, 2009, 12:00pm - 3:00pm
We're delighted to be joined by AWARD-WINNING WINEMAKER, JEREMY BORG of PAINTED WOLF WINES, SOUTH AFRICA. Come in for a 'howling' good tasting:
- WOLF LEKANYANE '08: A rich, elegant white with aromas and flavours of pineapple, lime and vanilla complemented by mineral notes. Great creamy long, fresh finish!
- WOLF RED BLEND '07: Enjoy blueberry, blackcurrant and vanilla on the nose and then get a pleasing mouthful of these 3 flavours along with sour cherry and allspice.
- WOLF PINOTAGE '08: Intense, individual and robust wine packed with flavours of ripe blueberry and mulberry, exotic spice and creamy vanilla.
- WOLF MERLOT '07: Velvety ripe plum and a medley of red summer berries which linger on the palate.
- BORG FAMILY SHIRAZ '06: Bright intense aromas of red berry fruit supported by toasty oak. A full palate with lots of fresh red berry fruit flavours and a long intense finish.
All the tasting wines are offered at 10% off 6 bottles (with debit card). These can be mixed.
***TASTINGS COMING UP***
Come and enjoy a rainbow of different tastes at our last two FREE SATURDAY TASTINGS in October.
SATURDAY 24 OCTOBER 2009, 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Try a host of New World wines.
SATURDAY 31 OCTOBER 2009, 12:00pm - 3:00pm
It's Halloween and we've got some spookily good wines and beers for you!
- FROG ISLAND BREWERY BEERS
Oh hoppy day! 4 new beers from the FROG ISLAND BREWERY based in NORTHAMPTON.
- THAT OLD CHESTNUT (4.4% abv): Chestnut in colour, easy drinking and with lightly 'hopped' flavours!
- NATTERJACK (4.8% abv): Richly golden with a sweet and fruity aroma followed by floral hop flavours and a malty finish.
- FIRE-BELLIED TOAD (5% abv): Voted 'Best Drink' at The Northamptonshire Food & Drink Awards 2009, this is a golden brown ale with wonderfully clean and bright flavours of malt and hops.
- CROAK & STAGGER (5.6% abv): Great name, great beer! We really liked the perfect balance of sweet, spicy and bitter tastes in this dark ale.
- CHINON (£10.99): Aromas of dark blackberry and blackcurrant with a hint of chocolate and orange.
- LE MONT VOUVRAY (£19.99): An interestingly complex and delicious medium dry wine that will wow your palate! Enjoy aromas and flavours of ripe apricot compote, baked apples, almonds and spice.
... and finally, an ongoing reminder!...
If you've got tickets for our PRE-XMAS WINE TASTING make sure you've got the date in your diary (Friday 20 November). Also, if by any chance, you're no longer able to attend, please bring your tickets back to us. We've got an ever-growing waiting list and so any cancellations will be hastily taken up. Of course, there'll be a full refund.
Have a fantastic weekend.
Duncan, Bruce, Nick, Jude & Megan
Come to Duncan Murray Wines - 'As seen on TV!' and finalists in the Drinks Retailing Awards, 'Independent Drinks Retailer of the Year'.
Buy online at www.duncanmurraywines.co.uk