The evenings are getting lighter and the lambs are gambolling in the fields, so... (even though the temperature's just plummeted!) it's time to salute the Spring and announce our month of Italian-themed tastings. There'll be a chance to taste some fine Italian offerings at our FREE SATURDAY TASTINGS throughout April, and... what's more, there's 10% off 6 bottles on all of our Italian range (with debit card). Fantastico!
EASTER OPENING HOURS
Our opening hours over the Easter period are:
GOOD FRIDAY: 10:00am - 6:00pm (no siesta!)
EASTER SATURDAY: 10:00am - 6:00pm
EASTER MONDAY: CLOSED
TUESDAY 6th APRIL: CLOSED
... and then business as usual.
***THIS SATURDAY'S FREE TASTING***
SATURDAY 3rd APRIL, 12.00pm - 3.00pm
It's the first weekend in April and so that means it's ITALIAN TASTING TIME at our FREE TASTING this Saturday. Please join us to try 2 classic Italian grape varieties.
- BOTTER PINOT GRIGIO: Pears and citrus fruit abound in this easy-drinking Italian classic.
- VIGNABALDO SANGIOVESE DELL'UMBRIA: "Enjoy really inviting Moreno cherry and damson. If it were in a line up of decent Chianti it wouldn't be out of place, this really is a suprisingly good wine."
*10% OFF 6 BOTTLES OR MORE. CAN BE MIXED. Debit card payment only.
***APRIL TASTINGS COMING UP***
SATURDAY 10th APRIL, 12.00pm - 3.00pm
A real treat for you: the lovely Karen Taylor from Liberty Wines will be at the Italian tasting table.
SATURDAY 17th APRIL, 12.00pm - 3.00pm
Back by popular demand! Phil 'Bomber' Harris will be showcasing his Italian gems.
SATURDAY 24th APRIL, 12.00pm - 3.00pm
The final weekend of our Italian tastings. Don't miss it!
We've just taken delivery of these fine Italian wines from a bijou and exclusive importer of Italian wine based in Rutland:
- IACO ORVIETO (£8.99): All that Orvieto should be: crisp, fresh and light and a great accompaniment to antipasti and fish.
- PLOZNER DUO (£9.99): A marriage of Pinot Blanc's elegance and Chardonnay's aromas and complexity. Cor!
- VIGNABALDO SOLARE (£6.99): "Fresh light berry fruit, a simple, nicely made wine."
- PLOZNER TER (£9.99): an intriguing blend of the Bordeaux classics of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon and the local Refosco Dal Peduncolo Rosso variety.
- BARDOLINO LUIGI RIGHETTI (£8.99): From esteemed Amarone producer, Luigi Righetti. "Bardolino is really very similar to Valpolicella, as the grapes are the same, although the land is a bit lower and more stony, making it less fashionable and in consequence more reasonable. For light reds this part of the world is hard to beat."
- CAMPOLIETTI LUIGI RIGHETTI (£10.99): Again from Luis Righetti, find "coffee, chocolate and ripe fruit on the nose [and] more than hint of Amarone in the background."
In spite of the duty increase in the Budget, for the duration of our Italian tasting month, there's £1 off our BOTTER PINOT GRIGIO. Normally £6.99 a bottle, it's yours for £5.99 throughout April. Come in and taste it this Saturday.
... and finally...
Just a quick reminder that our SUMMER WINE TASTING TICKETS ARE NOW AVAILABLE. The event of the Summer is taking place on FRIDAY 4th JUNE 2010, 6pm - 8pm at THE THREE SWANS HOTEL, MARKET HARBOROUGH. Lucky ticket holders will have the chance to try over 90 wines and take away their very own tasting glass. Tickets are £15 each and on sale at the shop.
Have a great Easter weekend.
Duncan, Nick, Jude, Martyn & Megan
Come to Duncan Murray Wines - 'As seen on TV'!
Winner! Portuguese Wine Awards 'Independent Wine Merchant 2010'
Finalists in the Drinks Retailing Awards, 'Independent Drinks Retailer of the Year' and wine adviser to BBC Radio Leicester and Harborough FM!
Buy online at www.duncanmurraywines.co.uk