This week's WINE NEWS (or 'VIN-FO') from the team at Duncan Murray Wines.
- ANGOSTURA BITTERS: £8.99 a bottle
The ultimate cocktail ingredient is back! Also a great enhancer to a whole host of drinks and dishes; try a few splashes in gin & tonic.
- KINTU SAUVIGNON BLANC & MERLOT: £60 FOR A CASE OF 12
Great for Summer entertaining, these white and red wines from Chile have proved to be real crowd-pleasers. They're £5.99 a bottle, so when you buy a case of 12 for £60* you'll save almost £12. That's nearly TWO BOTTLES FREE!
*Debit card payment only. The case can be a mix of Kintu Sauvignon Blanc & Merlot while stocks last.
- WELLAND POACHER ALE: 2 bottles for £10
A big bottle (75cl) from local Langton Brewery. This is a Belgian-style beer with a Leicestershire twist. Full-flavoured, powerful (7.5% abv) with a satisfying bittersweet finish. £5.49 a bottle, 2 bottles for £10.
DUNCAN MURRAY WINES CYCLE RACE
A reminder about the DUNCAN MURRAY WINES SUMMER CLASSIC ROAD RACE this SUNDAY 25th JULY 2010. There are, in fact, three races (one at 9.30am and two at 1.00pm) with each race doing a circular route starting from Naseby and going via Haselbech, Kelmarsh, Great Oxendon and Clipston. We'll be there - spectating, we hasten to add!
***THIS SATURDAY'S FREE TASTING***
SATURDAY 24th JULY, 12.00pm - 3.00pm
Stage 4 of our 'Tour de France' continues with another 6 Tour-tastic wines:
- DOMAINE DE LA RABLAIS TOURAINE SAUVIGNON: Think crisp, green apples complemented by white fruits for a hint of seductive softness. Pretty similar to Sancerre.
- POUJOL 'PICO': What can we say? A constant shop favourite which promises to taste great on Saturday as it's a 'fruit' day - come in and find out more.
- J.F. BERSAN COTES D'AUXERRE: Talented winemaker and Leicester Tigers fan 'Jeff' Bersan has excelled himself with this white Burgundy. We picked up aromas and flavours of spicy rich lemon and apple: great length and beautiful balance.
- DOMAINE RICOUREL ST CHINIAN: A recent arrival and already gaining a following. The nose is intense and 'meaty' with spice, pepper and dark fruit aromas. Full and mouth-coating - a wine with attitude.
- CHATEAU DU DONJON 'LA POUJADE': Discovered during this Spring's trip to Montpellier, we really went for this special offering from Chateau de Donjon. Made from old vine Grenache, it presents a complex array of flavours including plum, red cherry, gooseberry, sage, rosemary and a touch of pepper... and that's just for starters.
- CHATEAU AMPHOUX 'GALION DES CRETES': The 14 months spent in oak barrels have given this a lovely mellow edge which works really well with the spicy black fruit. Think mini Chateauneuf-du-Pape.
10% OFF 6 BOTTLES OR MORE with debit card. BOTTLES CAN BE MIXED.
***JULY TASTINGS COMING UP***
SATURDAY 31st JULY, 12.00pm - 3.00pm
We know the Tour is over, but join us for a final taste of France to round off the month.
***AUGUST TASTINGS COMING UP***
Enjoy a month of tastes from your favourite holiday destinations.
SATURDAY 7th AUGUST, 12.00pm - 3.00pm
Yammas! Nick 'the Greek' will be delighting us with Hellenic treats. No plate smashing!
SATURDAY 14th AUGUST, 12.00pm - 3.00pm
Prost! Santé! Cin cin! The European tour continues.
Have a great weekend and take our tip for dealing with the current wet weather: when it rains, we pour.
Duncan, Nick, Jude, Martyn & Megan
Come to Duncan Murray Wines - 'As seen on TV'!
Winner! Portuguese Wine Awards 'Independent Wine Merchant 2010'
Finalists in the Drinks Retailing Awards, 'Independent Drinks Retailer of the Year' and wine adviser to BBC Radio Leicester and Harborough FM!
If you wish to unsubscribe to this newsletter at any time, please email email@example.com.
Buy online at www.duncanmurraywines.co.uk