THANK YOU! WE'VE MADE IT TO THE NATIONAL FINALS.
A huge debt of gratitude to everyone who nominated us in the IWSC INDEPENDENT RETAILER AWARDS. We've been selected as one of the ten national finalists. HURRAY! The next step is to impress the judges with our product knowledge and customer service... will keep you posted.
***THIS SATURDAY'S TASTING***
SATURDAY 23 JANUARY, 12pm - 3pm
Well, the time has come for the annual exposure of Duncan's knees! Come and join us for our 'Whisky Wonderland' in homage to Burns Night. There'll be 7 fine malts on the tasting table along with a wee taste of Scottish tablet.
PLEASE NOTE: Anyone sporting tartan will be given extra large measures!
- GLENBURGIE (Speyside): Grassy nose with citrus and caramelised banana. Full, mouthcoating palate with a spicy sweetness that finishes with dry, lightly smoked spices.
- GLENDULLAN (Speyside): Apricot and melon on the nose lead to gentle honey sweetness and spice on the palate and crescendo into a long, warming finish.
- BLAIR ATHOL (Speyside): Malty and toffeed! This has a creamy palate with liqueur chocolate notes and a warming finish.
- CRAIGELLACHIE (Speyside): Crisp, dry and floral nose warms to reveal notes of citrus and green-skinned fruits. Light and creamy body with a rich palate of honeyed oats and malt leading to a smooth finish.
- ARRAN 10 YEAR OLD (Arran): A unique single island malt which captures Arran's landscape of clear mountain water and soft sea air.
- BRUICHLADDICH WAVES (Islay): A medium-peated malt made from different vintages and matured in Bourbon and Madeira casks.
- BIG PEAT (Islay): Wow! This captures the essence of Islay with bells on! Transports you to a bonfire party held on a peat bog with wind blowing in from the sea!
***TASTINGS COMING UP***
SATURDAY 30 JANUARY, 12.00pm - 3.00pm
Enjoy the last of our BIN END sale tastings.
SATURDAY 6 FEBRUARY, 12.00pm - 3.00pm
The launch of the COMPETITION-WINNING RECIPE CARDS. Try the fantastic Portuguese red and white wine recommended to go with our 2 winning recipes.
SATURDAY 13 FEBRUARY, 12.00pm - 3.00pm
A ROMANCE-THEMED TASTING for the day before VALENTINE'S.
SATURDAY 20 FEBRUARY, 12.00pm - 3.00pm
The 6 NATIONS will be well under way and so the tasting will be dedicated to alll those who enjoy playing with odd-shaped balls!
***FURTHER BIN-END BARGAINS***
A flavour of some more wines in our BIN END SALE.
- GENTILINI ROBOLA (20% OFF! Was £13.99, NOW £11.99): The white wine of Cephallonia, Greece. Sit back with your mandolin and enjoy flavours of marmalade, apricot and delicate herbal notes.
- BELLBIRD SPRING (20% OFF! Was £17.99, NOW £14.39): An intriguing blend from New Zealand. Fresh and mouth-filling peach and pear fruit with hints of blossom, gingery spice and citrus peel.
- MAS DE CHIMERES COTEAUX DU LANGUEDOC '06 (20% OFF! Was £11.99, NOW £9.59): Made by an Asterix lookalike (!), this is bursting with spiced plums and blackberry.
- MESTIZAJE BOBAL '07 (20% OFF! Was £12.99, NOW £10.39): Having tapas? Why not try this Spanish red? A lovely mouthful of vibrant, plump black fruits and a hint of chocolate.
Have a great weekend.
Duncan, Nick, Jude, Martyn & Megan
Come to Duncan Murray Wines - 'As seen on TV'!
Finalists in the Drinks Retailing Awards, 'Independent Drinks Retailer of the Year' and wine adviser to BBC Radio Leicester and Harborough FM!
Buy online at www.duncanmurraywines.co.uk