Thank you so much to everyone who responded to our plea for a Christmas fairy. We are delighted to announce that Charlie has now joined the Duncan Murray Wines team and has been kitted out with wings and wand.
***THIS SATURDAY'S TASTING***
SATURDAY 14 NOVEMBER 2009, 12:00pm - 3:00pm
'Nick the Greek' is joining us for a Greek wine tasting bringing you 6 wines and an ouzo. Come and join him for an introduction to the wonderful world of Greek grape varieties. Epic!
- INO SAVATIANO: Savatiano's the grape variety and gives a refreshing, light-bodied wine with a fruity bouquet!
- GENTILINI ROBOLA: Robola is an increasingly rare grape variety grown on the steep slopes of Cephalonia's Mount Ainos. Crisp and fresh, this wine boasts deliciously ripe citrus flavours and mineral notes.
- INO AGIORGITIKO: Agiorgitiko, known as 'St George's' grape gives unique flavours of cherry, berry and a tone of tobacco.
- KAPPA P62: No, this is not a type of hand cream, but an intriguing red made with Xynomavro and Syrah grapes. Enjoy berry flavours and a touch of spice.
- MUSCAT OF PATRAS: Lovely complex, unctuous aromas and flavours of lychee, toffee, Earl Grey tea, grapes and marmalade.
- MAVRODAPHNE OF PATRAS: Another indigenous grape variety, Mavrodaphne produces a dessert wine of a bright rich amber colour with a powerful bouquet of raisins and dates.
... and OUZO!
All the tasting wines and beer are offered at 10% off 6 bottles (with debit card). These can be mixed.
***TASTINGS COMING UP***
SATURDAY 21 NOVEMBER 2009, 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Enjoy a constellation of tastes as we bring in some of the stars from our Pre-Christmas Tasting.
SATURDAY 28 NOVEMBER, 12.00pm - 3.00pm
It's the end of November, so it's time for Madeira. The Boveys make a very welcome return with some seasonal stunners.
... and that's it for our tastings up until Christmas, but remember, there's an array of whisky, brandy, rum and other wonderful spirits open to taste behind the counter.
- SCHLOSS PLETTENBERG DORNFELDER (£8.99): Very ripe, off dry mouthful of intense red currants, jam roly poly and hints of orange. The best Dornfelder we've tasted yet.
- BIEGLER MULLER MERLOT EISWEIN (£14.99): Incredibly intense flavours and aromas of lychees, passion fruit and rhubarb. Although sweet, this is perfectly counter-balanced by acidity and incredible length.
- SCHLOSS PLETTENBERG SPATBURGUNDER (£8.99): This medium-dry beauty displays red currants, orange candy and spicy baked bread with forest floor notes.
... and a real steal!
- SCHLOSS PLETTERNBERG PINOT NOIR (£8.99): A delightful light body of intense crunchy red fruits and complex forest flavours. The fruit is ripe with a velvety intensity. Will please lovers of good Burgundian Pinot Noir. Delish!
... and before we sign off...
With just over a week to go, if you've got tickets for our PRE-XMAS WINE TASTING we'll see you next Friday 20 November. Also, there are still some names on our waiting list so if you're no longer able to attend, please bring your tickets back to us. There'll be a full refund.
Have a fantastic weekend.
Duncan, Bruce, Nick, Jude, Martyn, Charlie & Megan
Come to Duncan Murray Wines - 'As seen on TV!' and finalists in the Drinks Retailing Awards, 'Independent Drinks Retailer of the Year'.
Buy online at www.duncanmurraywines.co.uk