The River Thames in Kingston has reached it's highest in 3 decades! You can take precautions against the floods if you are at risk. Follow these simple steps below to get started on protecting yourself and your property.
1. Sign up for free flood warnings from the Environment Agency by clicking this link.
2. Prevention is better than a cure as they say, so if you can protect your property before the water hits you're two jumps ahead. Contact your local builders merchants to get hold of some sandbags, failing that click here to find out how your local builder can help with flood protection.
3. Move any valuables to the top floor of your property or store them in a more secure place if you can. For a list of local Kingston storage providers click here.
4. Take precautions to protect the electrics of your property - we can't give specific advice on this, so best to contact your local electrician for help.
5. If you have time or the money - landscape your garden so that water runs away from your property. Click here for list of reasonably priced landscapers in the Kingston area.
Good luck over the next few days!
P.S. If you need an arc and two of every animal, here is a list of capenters and joiners in Kingston to point you in the right direction!
Member since: 12th July 2012
The Best of Kingston helps to bring all the best local information to all local residents and businesses throughout the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames. We also promote only the best and highly recommended...