This is an exciting time of year when Bonfire night and Diwali is celebrated. It gives friends and families a chance to get together and have some fun.
Even tho fireworks are fun they can also be dangerous. So, we've got some guidelines which should be followed to ensure your fireworks night is safe:
1. Only buy fireworks marked BS 7114.
2. Don't drink alcohol if setting off fireworks.
3. Keep fireworks in a closed work.
4. Follow instructions on each firework.
5. Light them at arm's length, using a taper.
6. Stand well back.
7. Never go near a firework that has been lit. Even if it hasn't gone off, it still could explode.
8. Never put fireworks in your pocket or throw them.
9. Always supervise children around fireworks.
10. Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves.
11. Never give sparklers to a child under five.
12. Keep pets indoors.
13. Don't let off noisy fireworks after 11pm.
Have a safe and fun fireworks night.
Pardip & Nim
10th July 2012
Hi, we are Pardip & Nim Virdee owners of thebestofharrow. We are passionate about providing the best source of local information to the Harrow community.