Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service remind walkers and campers to be mindful of the impact and damage that a gorse fire has on the environment. They also tie up valuable fire resources for some time.
Be vigilant in rural areas and follow this simple advice:
• extinguish cigarettes and other smoking materials properly
• never throw cigarette ends out of car windows
• don’t leave bottles or glass in woodlands – sunlight shining through glass can start fires; take them home or put them in a waste or recycling bin.
• avoid using open fires in the countryside
• if you see a fire in the countryside, report it immediately
• don’t attempt to tackle fires that can’t be put out with a bucket of water – leave the area as quickly as possible.
For more press information or interviews please contact
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi, I am Dave, I run thebestof Exeter along with my colleagues. If you want to promote your business or event, get in touch with us on 01392 349 130.