Tickets for the 121st Show on May 19, 20 and 21 at Westpoint, Exeter can be purchased inside a choice of two gift cards designed by a local artist.
Show Secretary Ollie Allen said: “These cards make a perfect present for family and friends at any time between now and May and, unlike Easter eggs, they are a lot less fattening!”
The two designs of a chick hatching and a new-born lamb were created by 23-year-old Ollie Eskriett, a recent graduate of Plymouth University.
Last year he joined an Academy started by award-winning South West creative design agency Toucan to support graduates through paid internships.
"It's been great fun working on the Devon County Show account over the last few months. Not only do I get to use my illustration and drawing skills, but I can combine this with actually putting the various leaflets, adverts and greetings cards designs together as well. I hope my bright and colourful graphic approach will help to make this a bumper year for the Show."
Ollie Allen added: “Young people are at the heart of the Devon County Show. The Show has help this year from Devon young farmers, students from Bicton, Exeter and South Devon College and the Girl Guides, which is invaluable. In turn it is great to offer our support to someone like Ollie, who is such a talented young designer."
The Devon County Show promises an entertaining and informative celebration of local food, farming and country life.
Attractions will include:
• Shetland Pony Grand National
• Bolddog Lings motocross stunt team
• Titan the Robot (Friday & Saturday)
• Grand Parade of Livestock (Friday & Saturday)
• David Kennard's Farmyard Tales
• Music at the bandstand
• Meirion Owen & his dogs and ducks
• Devon Eye (a giant Ferris wheel)
• Thousands of magnificent animals
• Lots of delicious local food & drink
• Inspirational crafts & gardens
• Packed livestock & equestrian competitions
• Lots of country pursuits
• A 'buzzing' bees & honey feature
• Have a go at tractor driving!
• Lots of hands on activities for children
• Children's farm, supported by FarmWise
• 'Wheelie wild' family trail
• A super active BBC pavilion
• Nostalgic steam engines, vintage tractors and classic cars
• And lots of shopping!
The gift tickets are available exclusively online until May 9. In addition, membership is available which offers entry on all three days and full access to the comfortable Members’ facilities.
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi, I am Dave, I run thebestof Exeter along with my colleagues. If you want to promote your business or event, get in touch with us on 01392 349 130.