Bike Week runs from 9-17 June and we'd love for you to join us to encourage more people to experience the joys of riding.
How do I take part?
It's simple; go for a ride, anywhere, anytime between 9-17 June and log it on your Love to Ride profile.
Why should I take part?
Bike Week is a national event delivered in collaboration with CyclingUK to celebrate everyday cycling for everyone.
Whether you're a weekend riding fitness fanatic, or haven't been on a bike in years, Bike Week is the perfect time to saddle up, grab a buddy and make some noise for riding!
In the spirit of celebrating #7daysofcycling here are 7 reasons to take part:
1. Fantastic prizes! Every day from 10-16 June one lucky participant will bag themselves a beautiful Mango Bike (that's 7 bikes up for grabs!) You can also win a European city break for encouraging someone else to ride. Find out more here.
2. Get a head start for Cycle September. Riding and recruiting others to ride will give your organisation a head start for our main event, Cycle September.
3. Cycling is good for the mind. There are significant links between cycling and mental wellbeing. Just 10 minutes of riding can reduce stress and decrease symptoms of depression and anxiety (whilst giving you a great sense of freedom!)
4. Cycling is great for the body! People who cycle regularly typically enjoy a level of fitness equivalent to someone 10 years younger - and you'll live longer too!
5. Enjoy the outdoors. With summer ahead of us, cycling can help you make the most of the better weather whilst getting you from A to B.
6. It pays to ride. Those who choose to cycle to work typically save up to £3,000 a year - sweet!
7. Travel Devon is offering free sustainable travel support to businesses in Barnstaple, Exeter, Newton Abbot! Including a free sustainable travel event. To find out more email; Traveltowork@devon.gov.uk
We wish you a very happy Bike Week!
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi, I am Dave, I run thebestof Exeter along with my colleagues. If you want to promote your business or event, get in touch with us on 01392 349 130.
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.