A fantastic family day out for all ages at Bicton College, East Budleigh on Sunday 11th March from 10am to 5pm.
Take a tractor and trailer ride to the farm and meet the Bicton baby lambs, calves and piglets. Hold and feed the new arrivals and watch afternoon milking time for the cows.
Come and see wool spinning, knitting and felt making demonstrations, watch the whole process from sheep to clothing. Hold some of our Bicton Bugs - hissing cockroaches, giant stick insects, land snails and giant millipedes, and bring your dog for the family dog show and agility sessions.
Older children can have a go at high ropes, mountain biking or archery and cross the lake on the low zip wire. Anyone can be a celebrity and take their own bush tucker trial or have a go on the lambing simulator and find out how the shepherd can help at lambing time.
Event organiser Sarah Adam said, ‘Lambing Sunday at Bicton College is a great way for families to spend their day sharing new experiences, with gorgeous baby animals for the toddlers and exciting activities for older children and adults. There’s something for everyone to enjoy.’
Pre-ordered family (2 adults and 2 children) tickets are only £12, entry on the day will be adults £5, children over 3 years £3 or £15 for a family of four.
For more information about the day, visit www.bicton.ac.uk or call 01395 562300.
Bicton reminds people that women who are, or might be, pregnant, should not enter the lambing areas because of the danger of Toxoplasmosis. Dogs on a lead are allowed on the main campus, but NOT at the farm.
Other activities include:
• Dog agility, grooming and family dog show, visit the reptile house and tropical fish centre.
• Alpacas on show
• Pin the clothes on a chainsaw man
• Floristry demonstrations
• Tours of the Environmental and Rural Technologies Hub (EaRTH)
• Greenwood craft and bird box making
• Decorate a plant pot and sow some seeds
• Horse Boarding (skate board towed by a horse) and student riding demonstrations
• Hot and cold food and drink, from sandwiches to a two course meal