In a fire, caravans and campervans have limited escape options as they are made of lightweight and highly combustible fittings, a fire can take off frightenly fast. You would have just a few seconds to get out of a burning caravan, which has limited escape options. The warning a working smoke alarm gives can mean the difference between life and death. They are designed to detect fire in its early stages and can give you those precious few moments to get out safely.
The fitting of a Carbon Monoxide detector is as important. Carbon Monoxide is a highly poisonous gas that has no colour, taste or smell and can be produced by appliances that use gas, wood, oil or coal. Carbon Monoxide can also be present in smoke from solid fuel or oil appliances.
Carbon Monoxide is potentially fatal and even low-levels of the poison can cause lasting damage to your health.
If you live in a caravan or trailer remember to follow basic fire safety precautions:
Member since: 10th July 2012
Hi, I am Dave, I run thebestof Exeter along with my colleagues. If you want to promote your business or event, get in touch with us on 01392 349 130.