Here's one of my favourite BBQ chicken recipes. The chicken used is skinless chicken breast, which is sliced in two and then flattened, so it cooks quickly and stays tender and moist.
This feeds 2 people - just multiply up for more servings.
What you need:
2 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges 1 tbsp olive oil 1 tsp hot spice mix ½ red onion, thinly sliced 2 skinless chicken breasts 2 ciabatta rolls, or soft white rolls if you prefer Olive oil A handful of salad leaves, and a few cherry tomatoes, halved Sweet chilli sauce
How to prepare:
Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
1. Slice the sweet potatoes into wedges, place in a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp hot spice mix.
2. Place in an ovenproof dish or roasting tin and roast for 25 minutes or until crisp and tender.
3. In a small bowl, pour boiling water over the red onion and leave to soften for 15 minutes, then drain and rinse in cold water.
4. Meanwhile, light/preheat the barbecue
5. Halve each chicken breast and flatten with a rolling pin between sheets of cling film. Brush with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Place on the hot barbeque and cook for approx 3 minutes each side until cooked through.
5. Split the ciabatta or white rolls, brush the cut side with olive oil and toast on the BBQ until golden brown. Pop a portion of chicken with some onion, a few salad leaves, and a cople of pieces of cherry tomato into each roll. Drizzle with sweet chilli sauce and serve with the sweet potato wedges.