Gas Safe Week 14th to 20th September 2015
13th September 2015
... Comments

We use gas to heat our homes, provide us with hot water and of course to cook with, but failure to have your appliances checked annually by a Gas Safe engineer can lead to gas leaks, fires, explosions and of course carbon monoxide poisoning.

Despite the dangers, 10% of people in the UK have never had their gas appliances serviced and 43% don’t do it regularly enough.

Here’s our top tips for staying Gas Safe:

  • Always use a Gas Safe Registered Engineer – ask to see their card and if you’re not sure check the Gas Sage Register
  • Have your appliances serviced annually.
  • If your boiler flame is yellow or there are black marks around your appliance, switch off and call an engineer immediately.
  • Make sure you know the signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – headaches, dizziness, sickness, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness.
  • Fit a Carbon Monoxide Monitor.
  • And if you smell gas, turn it off at the mains and call your gas supplier IMMEDIATELY

Here at thebestof we have 2 Gas Safe Registered businesses that come highly recommended. Gas South Lakes Ltd and Gas Water Heating (Servicing) Ltd.

Check out their features on thebestof and see what local people have to say about them.

There are also great offers on services this month on thebestof, so don’t forget to call and book yours and please share this with a friend and together we can keep Barrow and Furness Gas Safe.



Popular Categories