Did you know that more than 270 000 people suffer a heart attack every year? 12 young people die of a sudden cardiac arrest each week.
Your help could be vital – but do you know what to do?
During July and August Firefighters in Barrow will be delivering free Heartstart sessions at the Fire Station in Walney Road. These free sessions that are endorsed by The British Heart Foundation will provide you with vital lifesaving skills training.
Each session lasts 2 hours, that’s it – just by spending 2 hours on this course could potentially enable you to save someone’s life; It could be a family member or someone you know!
Skills you will learn include:
• General care of a casualty including the procedure for obtaining help
• Dealing with an unconscious person
• Giving rescue breaths
• Performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
• Dealing with choking
• Dealing with serious bleeding
• Dealing with a suspected heart attack casualty
• Demonstration on the use of a Defibrillator
Sessions will take place from 7pm until 9pm on, Saturday July 8, Monday July 24 and Wednesday August 9th
Anyone who would like to take part is asked to call 01229 407800 to register to confirm their place.