Before I leave the office for a holiday I'm usually too busy getting everything in order and dreaming of cold beers in the sun to worry about setting a clever Out-Of-Office message.
As they're always a bit rushed, they're never very creative. However, after a quick google I found loads of great ideas for autoreply messages. Before I head off on holiday this year I might just have to use one of these...
1) I am currently out at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position.
2) You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn't have received anything at all.
3) Thank you for your email. Your credit card has been charged £5.99 for the first ten words and £1.99 for each additional word in your message.
4) I'm not in the office right now but if it's important, tweet me using #YOUAREINTERRUPTINGMYHOLIDAY
5) If you're reading this, Doc Brown was unable to make lightning strike the clock tower, and I'm stuck in 1985. I won't be able to respond to emails or voicemail until 9ish on Tuesday or until email is invented -- whatever comes first.
6) I am currently out of the office. I have my mobile with me, but I will not be giving the number out. If you can guess the number, however, I will take your call.
7) Hi. I'm thinking about what you've just sent me. Please wait by your PC for my response.
8) I am currently out of the office and probably out-of-my-mind drunk. Enjoy your working week.
9) I will be away from work for one week on training. When I return, don't expect any improvement in my performance.
10) All e-mails will be deleted in the order in which they are received.
Member since: 10th July 2012
The Best of Wimbledon and Merton helps to bring all the best local information to all local residents and businesses throughout Wimbledon and Merton. We also bring trusted businesses and the community...
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.