Spring has sprung in Sutton Coldfield, meaning it’s time to spruce up your home. We’ve scoured the blogosphere for spring cleaning hacks that will save you time, money and elbow grease.
Read on to discover our top ten tips
1. Is the grimy grout between your bathroom tiles getting to you? Simply mix 2 parts baking soda with one part white vinegar, wait for fifteen minutes, then wipe.
2. White vinegar also stops limescale from building up, so for an extra sparkly showerhead, tie a bag filled with white vinegar around it and leave it to soak overnight.
3. If your bath’s not looking its best, try sprinkling it with grapefruit juice. Apply plenty of elbow grease and you’ll be amazed at the results.
4. If you’re looking for a non-toxic toilet cleaner, try coca cola! Because this popular drink is mildly acidic, it can lift unwanted stains from your loo. To test out this tip, pour the contents of a standard can of cola around the toilet rim, wipe it around to cover the bowl and wait for an hour before flushing.
5. To clean taps without chemicals, squeeze lemon juice over them, twist half a lemon onto each spout and wait for thirty minutes.
6. Does your fridge need freshening up? Once you’ve thrown out any leftovers and wiped the shelves, clear the remaining debris with a toothbrush and a blob of toothpaste. To absorb unwanted odours, simply leave half a lemon on the middle shelf.
7. If you’re not a fan of strong smelling oven cleaners, you’ll be glad to know that soaking the shelves overnight in a bowl of hot water and baking soda is just as effective.
Alternatively, why not give Darrel Dukes at Dazzling Oven Clean Sutton Coldfield a call? An expert at tackling the greasiest of ovens, Darrell uses safe, eco- friendly cleaning products, keeping your home free from fumes.
8. Once your cooker’s clean, heating up a cup of vanilla essence for an hour will keep your kitchen smelling fragrant.
9. To remove stubborn carpet stains naturally, mix one part white vinegar with three parts water, vacuum the stained area, then cover it with a towel soaked in your home made solution. When you heat the damp towel with a steam iron, the stain will slowly fade.
10. Freshening up your mattress for Spring couldn’t be simpler thanks to bicarbonate of soda. To try out this tip, sprinkle a generous amount over your mattress, leave it there for an hour, then vacuum.
What are your favourite spring cleaning tips? We’d love to hear them!
Member since: 9th January 2018
As a copywriter and freelance journalist, I write website content, blog posts and articles for businesses of every size. Whether I'm writing for a well-known brand, a small local business or a magazine,...