Cycle Rides for All is launching on Sunday 26th March with a three and a half mile Lichfield taster ride setting off from Beacon Park.
This event signals the start of free monthly cycle rides that take place towards the end of the month, from March to September.
The rides are graded from level 1, which are suitable for beginners, to level 4, which are for more experienced cyclists.
All the bikes receive a quick safety check by Freedom Cycles before setting off, to make sure they are roadworthy. It’s recommended that safety helmets are worn and that you bring a packed lunch and drink, although there is a café stop on most rides.
Anyone who wants to join the Lichfield taster ride should turn up with their bikes at Beacon Park in Lichfield on Sunday 26th March at 11am. There's even time to grab lunch from the Lakeside Bistro. This ride is graded level 1, which means it is suitable for all including beginners. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
To find out more, or to check whether a ride is taking place if the weather is uncertain, please call Freedom Cycles on 01543 411633 or Karl Sproston at Lichfield District Council on 01543 308846.
Programme of rides in 2017:
• 26th March, Lichfield taster ride, meet at Beacon Park at 11am, 3.5 miles, level 1
• 23rd April, Fisherwick Lakes, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am, 8.5 miles, level 2
• 21st May, 'Tour De Lichfield', meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am, 9 miles, level 2/3
• 25th June, Weeford and Packington Moor, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am, 23 miles, level 4
• 30th July, Chasewater Taster Ride, meet at Burntwood Leisure Centre at 11am, 6 miles, level 2
• 20th August, National Memorial Arboretum, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am, 15 miles, level 3
• 17th September, Fradley Junction, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am, 12 miles, level 2
Member since: 10th July 2012
I am passionate about 'Buying Local' and supporting our local businesses to 'keep the pound' in town, to help grow our economy here in Lichfield.
We have a wealth of history an eclectic mix of independent...