Message from Positively Slim
Most people want to know how to get through the festive season still feeling fit, healthy & energetic. Here are some tips to keep you feeling your absolute best!
Choose to do something active at least every other day (30 minutes or more) - this can be anything such as weight training, walking, skiing, jogging, swimming, yoga, pilates, a sport/game, housework, your favourite workout video or using the Wii.....the list is endless! And, if you want, you can do something every day of course! Mix it up & ensure you have some rest days.
Eat well & healthy 80% of the time & treats etc the other 20%. That's the guideline but you could eat well more than 80% if you're so inclined!
Once you are into the festive season around Christmas, New Years etc remember that going outside for a walk is still an option. (see our discussion on layering clothes)
Keep alcohol to a minimum if possible. It wreaks havoc with the good hormones you need to function when recovering from workouts & those needed for you to sleep well. Try some parties without alcohol or have one alcoholic drink & then the next non-alcoholic so that you pace yourself.
Remember to have some down time to chill out. Too many people get caught up in the chaos of parties, shopping and errands & forget about themselves. Try some meditation or restorative yoga at home. Treat yourself to a manicure, pedicure or massage. Or just sit in a quiet room with some candles and just be.
Take some time to reflect on your year by writing in a journal & contemplating what you are grateful for. A gratitude list is always nice.
See Positively Slim's website here.
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.