Welcome To Hertford Museum
Take a step back in time with Hertford Museum and revisit the history that has made Hertford the famous county town that it is now.
Hertford Museum reopened earlier this year following a major refurbishment to the building and redisplay of the collections. Grants from the Heritage Lottery Fund and East Herts Council together with the continuing support of Hertford Town Council amongst other generous donations helped to make the museum what it is today. The museum continues to be free entry and features the following:
· New displays about the town including a specially made model of Hertford Castle as it might have looked in 1500
· Fun things to do for all ages including trails, quizzes, a play shop and dressing up
· A new extension 'The Andrews Room' which is host to a variety of activities, from family activities to adult talks and courses
· Lifts to enable access to all public areas of the museum
· 3 visitor computers with internet access
· Herford Faces, an exciting interactive revealing information about the people who have shaped Hertford, past and present
· A brand new visitor shop
· A changing Temporary Exhibition space
· A Resource Room for researchers to access reference books and the museum's paper archive collections
· The Jacobean Knot Garden - Hertford's hidden gem
· A touch screen kiosk where visitors can access our amazing collection of photographs of the town and local villages
The museum is open Tuesday - Saturday, 10.00 am - 5.00 pm. Please check our website for regular updates on the events and exhibitions programme. We are also on Facebook and Twitter, just search for 'Hertford Museum'!
We look forward to seeing you at the museum soon!
COPYRIGHT DAVID CORY.
Lovely memories when I went in there as kids with my sister
Well set out and very informative.
Nice little collection!
A must visit. Very interesting.
Great venue and exhibition
The following Cookies are used on this Site. Users who allow all the Cookies will enjoy the best experience and all functionality on the Site will be available to you.
You can choose to disable any of the Cookies by un-ticking the box below but if you do so your experience with the Site is likely to be diminished.
In order to interact with this site.
To help us to measure how users interact with content and pages on the Site so we can make things better.
To show content from Google Maps.
To show content from YouTube.
To show content from Vimeo.
To share content across multiple platforms.
To view and book events.
To show user avatars and twitter feeds.
To show content from TourMkr.
To interact with Facebook.
To show content from WalkInto.