Tom Jones Walks on Water to Open The Henley Festival –
The UK’s Most Magical Summer Party
- Headliners: Jools Holland, Alexandra Burke, Rumer, Blake, and ABBA Symphonic -
- 64 Acts - 7 galleries - 5 installations - Five Nights -
TICKETS ON SALE 1 MARCH
Legendary Welsh singer Tom Jones opens this year’s unmissable Henley Festival (6 -10 July). Tickets ranging from £35 – £110 go on sale 1 March: www.henley-festival.co.uk
The festival is the UK’s best summer party - a five night, star studded, black tie event on the banks of the river Thames in the beautiful town of Henley-on-Thames. Tom Jones and the other headline acts, including Jools Holland, Alexandra Burke, Rumer, Blake, and ABBA Symphonic, will entertain fans from floating stage on the river, against the backdrop of the Henley skyline. Also featuring - a world premiere performance on Saturday of Sarabande by Jon Lord of Deep Purple, performed by Jon and ensemble.
The riverside setting provides an intimate environment for festival goers to experience magical summer nights. Each evening, over twenty acts from the world of jazz, opera, classical and theatre, from the UK and abroad, perform live music and comedy. The Roving Company of Eccentrica entertain you as you wander through art galleries and sculpture lawns.
Later on, watch a dazzling firework display, then follow the revellers to Chinawhite Club – NEW FOR 2011 – and party late into the night.
For elegant dining, book a table at Albert and Michel Roux’s Riverside Restaurant, the largest a la carte restaurant in Europe, along with other inviting riverside restaurants and bars.
““This is a festival both for the connoisseur and the party goer. International performers combine with a jewel box of spectacular acts throughout the five days in a magical location on the banks of the Thames.” ” says Stewart Collins, Artistic Director
“There’s nothing like the Henley Festival. The beautiful setting and the intimate performances make it the best summer party you can imagine,” says Tom Jones.
Tickets and Dining:
• Choose from reserved Grandstand seats or unreserved Lawn deckchairs for the main Floating Stage concert from £59 each.
• Promenade tickets (from £35 each) provide standing room for the main concert.
• All Henley Festival goers enjoy live performances in the Cafe du Soir and the Salon plus a free pass to seven art galleries, sculpture lawns, eccentric roving street acts such as the Art Tart, a spectacular fireworks display, plus dancing in Chinawhite nightclub.
• Dine in style at Albert and Michel Roux’s Riverside Restaurant or the less formal Terrace Restaurant and Café du Soir. Or choose casual outdoor eateries like Heston Blumenthal’s Hinds Head at Henley, the Chinese Garden and other venues for light bites. ENDS.
Gates open at 6pm, when you’ll rub shoulders with well known faces, fellow culture seekers and artists, while sipping champagne in elegant, stylish, black tie and evening dress. View sculpture, including the iconic Alice in Wonderland by Salvador Dali, live ice sculpting and works by artists ranging from Peter Blake to John Piper, and dance into the wee hours at Chinawhite nightclub.
Henley Festival Box Office: 01491 843404 or book via www.henley-festival.co.uk <http://www.henley-festival.co.uk>
Member since: 9th July 2012
Hi, We are Phil and Gill Chappell. We own the Best of Henley-on-Thames. We live in Henley so would love to hear your views and opinions about all things Henley.