|28 Mar 2009 - 28 Mar 2009 10.00am and 2.00pm|
|Thames Room, River & Rowing Museum|
|River & Rowing Museum Mill Meadows Henley-on-Thames, RG9 1BF|
Henley in Transition: Carbon Neutral by 2012
Save Money - Save Energy
Join us at an Energy Information Sharing Market at
Henley's River & Rowing Museum, Thames Room on
SATURDAY 28th MARCH
Talk to independent experts and fellow beginners about how to save money at home and at work keeping warm. Hear about ways in which energy can be saved and how we can reduce our legacy of damage to the planet. The afternoon session will be a repeat of the morning session - so come to either!
Morning Session: 10.00 - 12.00pm
Afternoon Session: 2.00 - 4.00pm
Each session will consist of short lectures (speakers' details will be given closer to the time). You will then have a chance quiz the specialists, chat and see what people in the town are doing right now at various displays around the room.
Find out more about:
· Saving money on your Gas and Electricity bills
· Your carbon footprint - bring your bills along
· Why planting trees is such a good idea
· Renewable Energy and why it is important
· Using the River Thames for Hydroelectricity
· Solar, Wind and Geothermal Energy
· What grants are available
· How you can help the Henley in Transition group establish how much energy Henley is currently consuming. We need this benchmark in order to start planning towards our goal of being Carbon Neutral by 2012.
This is a ticket only event. To get your free ticket please contact:
Dave McEwen on 01491 573336 or email: email@example.com
Don't forget to say which session you prefer!
Member since: 9th July 2012
Hi, We are Phil and Gill Chappell. We own the Best of Henley-on-Thames. We live in Henley so would love to hear your views and opinions about all things Henley.