Is Your Business protected from Employment Tribunals
Under newly announced government proposals an employer who loses a case will be fined 50% of the total compensation award, up to £5,000, payable to the HM Government as well as having to pay out any compensation to the employee.
Do you have the following policy documents in place?
1. Absence Policy
2. Code of Conduct
3. Compassionate Leave and Time off for Emergencies
4. Data Protection Policy
5. Dignity at Work Policy
6. Disciplinary Policy and Procedures
7. Dress Code Policy
8. Driving Policy
9. Drug and Alcohol Policy
10. Email and Internet Policy
11. Equal Opportunities Policy
12. Ethical Statement
13. Flexitime and Working from Home Policy
14. Grievance Procedure
15. Health and Safety Policy
16. Intellectual Property Policy
17. Maternity and Adoption Policy
18. Mobile Phone Policy
19. Parental Leave Policy
20. Paternity and Adoption Leave Policy
21. Smoking Policy
If you don't then it could be all too easy for you to end up in a dispute resulting in an employment tribunal.
Employment Legal Solutions specialise in all aspects of employment law and can provide you with an Employers Pack tailored to your business for a very reasonable fixed cost.
Member since: 28th May 2012
56, married, 3 children - passionate about all things local! Owner of the bestofguildford site, keen supporter of Guildford Rugby Club... serial networker